var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-31390730-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
Arizona State University B.S.
Certified St John Neuromuscular Therapist 1997
Certified Ida P. Rolf Structural Integration 1994,
Licensed/Certified California State Massage Therapist
Halsa: Swedish Therapeutic Stretching/Myofascial Trigger Points
Abdominal Viscera Manipulation:St. John and Barrel Method
After graduating from A.S.U., Mitch jumped into the dance world, first with three scholarships at local ballet studios and then spending four years professionally dancing with four modern dance and one ballet company in Phoenix and Tucson. He felt first hand the dramatic affects of good bodywork, resculpting his own athletic body, (3 years of high school wrestling & track and field,) into a dancer’s body along with daily technique class.
Mitch began his manual therapy practice in 1977, providing massage therapy for The Dance Theater of Harlem, “A Chorus Line,” (1st International touring company,” Rudolf Nureyev (Greek Theater,) and the Bill Evans Dance Co. (six week Seattle residence.) In 1978 Mr. Gries moved his practice to Los Angeles and worked with American Ballet Theater including Mikhail Baryshnikov, Natasha Makarova, Fernando Bujones and Carla Fracci.
These were not just good deep muscular therapy sessions, Mr. Gries many times had to get injured dancers back on stage within a day or even only hours. Mitch quickly studied and developed techniques to speed up the professional dancers recovery to injuries, from head to toe.
- West Side Story Pantages 2010-11, The Joffrey Ballet Co. 1984 & ’89
- Baryshnikov at the Hollywood Bowl ’79, “Baryshnikov on Broadway” ’82
- Royal Ballet ’78/79 LA, National Ballet of Canada ’88 Western tour,
- Riverdance 2006 Pantages, La Cage Aux Folles LA ’84-85 Pantages,
- Kirov Ballet ’03 S. Cal tour, Stars of the Russian Ballet ’98 California tour,
- Michael Jackson’s “THRILLER,” “CATS” “Sophisticated Ladies” Shubert.
- FOSSE & Mattew Bournes’ Swan Lake/Cinderella, Play W/Out Words Ahmanson
- Paris Opera Ballet ’95 /97, Cirque du Soleil’s Drallion
This past August Mitch Gries worked with Baryshnikov for his performance at LA Music Center and recently treated Topol & the cast of Fiddler on the Roof & Dirty Dancing, (Pantages) Please consider including Neuromuscular Therapy into your life. St. John Neuromuscular therapy is the most precise, comprehensive & deep soft tissue treatment available. Restore proper muscle length/strength, alleviate pain/ inflammation, enhance muscle tone, facilitate greater flexibility range of motion and promote rapid healing of injuries. Age with wisdom, not rigidity.